By incorporating the following key measures:
• The wind turbine, solar panel array, and ground source heat pump infrastructure will produce 100% of the community’s energy needs with a huge amount of excess energy capable of powering homes and businesses in the surrounding community.
• The new houses will have a future-proofed, resilient design that delivers highly efficient and sustainable homes. The development ensures energy-efficient homes with a much reduced carbon footprint, which will be sympathetically built to complement and protect Waddesdon’s unique heritage.
• The EV charging station will enable drivers using the A41 to charge their vehicles with green, renewable energy – both encouraging and supporting the move to green transport.
• The local, electric bus service will be available to both new and existing residents so they have easy ways of getting to local destinations using clean transport.
• The 19 hectares (47 acres) of carefully planted woodland will be set within 49 hectares (121 acres) of parkland and other green community spaces. This means that well over 54% of the scheme will be dedicated to significantly increasing biodiversity. This area, which is bigger than 75 football pitches, will contribute with its valuable, natural carbon capture in the drive to help tackle climate change.